- Complete both the second round of modification evidence forms. The map form should show the routes you have used throughout the woods. In addition to illustrating the map, signing and dating it and a statement, explaining (if this is the case) that you have had free and uninterrupted access throughout any area and not just the main tracks, over the past twenty year period, may make the difference in the allocation of the right of way classification. For example, if people have only ever used the main tracks, then these could be potentially fenced off. Forms can be downloaded from the ‘Files’ section in the Facebook Group, from the local community centres or can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms to be returned to the boxes at the local community centres by Date TBC. Any late entry evidence forms for Ridgehill Woods can also be obtained from the same email address.
- Email or write to your local Cllrs and MPs highlighting your concerns over the Call to Site for both authorities. Ask for their support. Be prepared for a standard response, but don’t forget, they work for you and there are elections approaching!
Kingswinford North and Wallheath
Dudley South MP
South Staffordshire MP
South Staffordshire District Cllr
West Midlands Combined Authority
- Register on the SSCC Local Plan database and that way you will be notified automatically of any consultations. You can do this by emailing email@example.com with your details or by completing the online form here: https://www.sstaffs.gov.uk/planning/local-plans-recent-news.cfm . Anyone who made representations as part of the recent consultation will have already been added to the database.
- You can request yourself to be added to the Black Country Plan Consultation database. This will ensure you receive an email notification at each consultation stage. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email any reports of flora and fauna to email@example.com to add to their records for the area. You can also use their website which has extra information http://www.staffs-ecology.org.uk/html2015/index.php?title=Send_in_your_sighting . This could be important in any possible planning applications.
- Join in with our Litter Picks. These are advertised on our social media.
- If you are approached by the landowner or one of their employees regarding rights of way or trespassing, please record the date/time/location and a brief description of the interaction. Please then email these details to firstname.lastname@example.org as it is vitally important we keep a record. Should ‘unreasonable force’ or ‘intimidating behaviour’ be used against you, please also report to the police and obtain a log number. Please also forward this information to us.
- The sign placed by Clowes on Foothpath ‘Kinver 0.82’, from Lawnswood Road into Ridgehill Woods is classed as an obstruction, as it claims the path is not a public right of way and only a permissive path. You can report this obstruction here: https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/web/reportfault/#divSelectionHeader
- Visit our website https://friendsofridgehillwoods.com/ and sign up to follow our blog by email.
If you feel you have any information to contribute or any further questions, please do email us on email@example.com
There will be plenty more actions taking place between now and the consultation dates. You can keep up to date on our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1060619607452364/), Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/Friendsofridge1?lang=en-gb) or by following the blog on our website (https://friendsofridgehillwoods.com/).